Admissions . Apply . Submitting Your Portfolio . Portfolio Submission Guidelines
Portfolio Submission Guidelines
When you're ready, you can submit your portfolio online (cia.slideroom.com) or in CD or DVD format.
Online Portfolio Submission Procedure (Preferred)
Once you have applied to CIA, you may submit your online portfolio at cia.slideroom.com.
CD or DVD Portfolio Submission Procedure
Mail the disc to the Cleveland Institute of Art, 11141 East Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio 44106. Note: No application items will be returned, and it is recommended you keep an original copy of your submission for your records.
Submission Procedure for CD or DVD:
- Individual files should be in JPEG (jpg) format with a file size not exceeding 1MB each.
- Animation or video work must be submitted in either QuickTime (.mov) format or Windows Media Video (.wmv) format.
- It is preferable that images be assembled and presented in a slide show format, using PowerPoint, Acrobat, or another slide show application.
- Please submit a numbered list in Microsoft Word on the disc with the title, size, medium, and a brief description of each piece.
- Please do not stick any labels to the front of the disc; mark directly upon it with permanent marker.
Make sure to label disc and sleeve with the following:
- Your full name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Email address