Admissions . Contest . Guidelines + Category Descriptions . Visual Arts Category
Visual Arts category
The Visual Arts Category includes, but is not limited to:
- Drawing is a type of visual art that makes use of a range of drawing instruments to produce two-dimensional imagery.
- Instruments may include but are not limited to graphite pencils, pen and ink, inked brushes, wax color pencils, crayons, charcoal, chalk and pastels.
- Examples of subject matter may include but are not limited to figures, landscapes, cartooning, literal objects, and abstract imagery.
- Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception of space and/or are conceptually based.
- Installation art may include numerous media, including but not limited to video, audio, sound performance, and virtual reality.
- Painting is the practice of applying paint, pigment, color or other medium to a surface. The medium is often applied using brushes, knives, sponges, and/or an airbrush.
- Examples of the paint medium include acrylic, oil, ink, gouache and fresco. Surfaces that are often used include paper, canvas, wood, clay, leaf, concrete, and glass.
- Printmaking is the process of producing artworks by various methods of printing on paper.
- Methods of printing on paper may include but are not limited to woodcut, linocut, intaglio, monotype, lithography, mezzotint, etching, screen printing, inkjet and hot metal typesetting.
- Sculpture represents works produced in three dimensions, and may take the form of a representational or abstract image that is modeled, constructed, cast and/or carved.
- Sculpture often uses materials that include but are not limited to stone, metal, ceramics, plastic, wood, found objects, and other three dimensional materials.
The last day to enter was February 6, 2015.
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture
- Video + Film
- Jewelry + Metals