MadPad HD – Remix Your Life
Have a passion for beat-boxing, or simply looking for some musical entertainment? MadPad HD is the perfect application for creating your very own video soundboards from everyday life! Available for free in iTunes, MadPad HD allows users to record and save twelve video/audio clips into their very own mix. Unwanted sounds can be deleted and re-recorded, and sound bits from other sets can be mixed into existing sets for endless musical possibilities. MadPad sets are played simply by tapping, and loops can be recorded and played on repeat while you mix your own beats. Use two fingers on a single sound clip to bend pitch and control speed, and save your final performances to YouTube. Hundreds of sets are uploaded and shared daily through the MadPad community, with instruments ranging anywhere from combs to coffee grinders!
How to create your own mix:
Step 1: Tap “create your own sets” on the main menu. Set up SoundTrigger.
SoundTrigger starts recording when you start making sound. Move the slider to the left if your clips are starting late. Move it to the right if your clips are starting accidentally. You can change this setting at any time, or even turn it off.”
Step 2: Begin recording by tapping any “record” button and making a sound loud enough to trigger the red bars on the left equalizer. Stop this short recording when your sound is finished.
Step 3: Once you’ve recorded and saved your twelve sound bits, hit “save and play” to begin playing your set. Your final set should look something like this:
The main menu has many options for mixing your set:
- “home“: directs back to the main MadPad HD menu
- “share“: allows users to share their set via Facebook, Twitter, or email with the option of submitting their work to the MadPad featured list.
- “extras“: two finger drag pitch and speed control option, round clip corner option, HD video performance export option, and basic application information can be found here.
- “how to“: an excellent interactive tutorial outlining every aspect of creating your mix.
- “smule“: presents ten additional Smule applications.
- The target button records your performance and allows you to view and play along, save to your iPad photos, or share on YouTube.
- The six rectangles make clips to fade out when they finish, allowing for a surprising performance enhancement.
- The equalizer button fine tunes each clip.
- The loop button records repetitive loop patterns to play behind your performance.
MadPad HD in iTunes – FREE